CHARITABLE GIVING POLICY
Throughout the year, the Los Angeles Kings donate approximately a half million dollars in in-kind and monetary donations to charitable organizations. The Kings look at this as a special opportunity for our team to support non-profit agencies and charitable organizations working to make positive differences in the lives of those in our community.
MAKING A REQUEST
The Kings Care Foundation receives hundreds of requests for in-kind support each month and we proudly assist as many non-profit organizations as possible. The following request policy has been developed as a way to create consistency and fairness to organizations that seek support. Priority is given to those located in the Greater Los Angeles area and specifically make a positive impact on the lives of children.
Before sending a request, please note the Los Angeles Kings and Kings Care Foundation DO NOT accept items to be signed (any items sent will not be returned), provide items for personal collections/use, contribute to business award incentive programs, or donate to organizations soliciting requests on behalf of a third party (all requests must be received directly from the charity).
When donating items or sponsoring an event, consideration is given to the location of the organization, scale of the event, inventory of items available and whether the item(s) will be used in a raffle or auction.
Before requesting a donation, please note:
- Organizations are limited to one request during the June to June fiscal year.
- Organizations must be based in the state of California; priority is given to Los Angeles area non-profit organizations.
- Requests must be submitted with a Tax ID number.
- Requests must be received at least 6 weeks prior to the fundraising event date.
- In an effort to be more environmentally responsible and maximize efficiency, we have adopted an online donation request system.
- All requests must be submitted through our online system.
- Requests submitted via email, fax, mail or phone will NOT be considered.
- Due to the overwhelming volume of requests we receive, we are unable to discuss the status of your request over the phone.
- Submission of this application does not guarantee a donation.
- We do not donate to individual fundraisers for national campaigns as we contribute to those charities directly.