Kings-Sharks Series Schedule Announced
National TV Schedule Announced For Series
Game 1 Kings at San Jose Thursday, April 17 7:30 p.m.
Game 2 Kings at San Jose Sunday, April 20 7:00 p.m.
Game 3 San Jose at Kings Tuesday, April 22 7:00 p.m.
Game 4 San Jose at Kings Thursday, April 24 7:30 p.m.
Game 5 * Kings at San Jose Saturday, April 26 TBD
Game 6 * San Jose at Kings Monday, April 28 TBD
Game 7 * Kings at San Jose Wednesday, April 30 TBD
* = if necessary
The Kings will announce the club's local FOX Sports West broadcast schedule once confirmed. Kings playoff games on the radio will be heard on flagship station KEIB AM 1150 The Patriot and along the Kings Radio Network. Here is the national TV schedule, per the NHL:
Game 1 NBC Sports Network, CBC
Game 2 NBC Sports Network, CBC
Game 3 NBC Sports Network, CBC
Game 4 NBC Sports Network, CBC
Game 5 NBC Sports Network, CBC
Game 6 CBC
Game 7 CBC
The Kings Communications Department will distribute the club's electronic version and a printed version of their 2014 Postseason Media Guide tomorrow.
This will be the third time in the last four seasons the Kings and Sharks will meet in the playoffs. San Jose eliminated the Kings in the first round in 2011 and the Kings eliminated San Jose in the second round in 2013.
Below are some additional club notes as the Kings head into the postseason for the fifth consecutive season:
• 46 wins: tied for most in club history
• 23 road wins: second most in club history
• 100 points: fourth most in club history
• 50 road points: tied for second most in club history
• Won Jennings Trophy for allowing fewest goals in the NHL (174 including shootout goals) – Jonathan Quick recipient of award
• Allowed 168 goals, excluding shootout goals (club record…previous mark was 170 in 2011-12)
• Allowed 85 road goals, excluding shootout goals (club record…previous mark was 92 in 2011-12)
• 36-11-5 when scoring first
• 41-7-6 when allowing two or fewer goals
• Had 13 shutouts this season – club record (Quick 6, Jones 4, Scrivens 3)
• Clinched playoff spot for fifth straight season (last time Kings did that was 1987-93 – seven straight seasons)
• Anze Kopitar finished as the team’s leading scorer for the seventh straight season
• The Kings were 15-6-2 after the Olympic Break
• The Kings sold out all 40 home games at STAPLES Center (108 straight sellouts overall)
Tickets for Kings playoff games at STAPLES Center are currently on sale.
The LA Kings are proud to announce 5 Playoff Presenting Partners: McDonald’s (Regular Season Presenting Partner), TOYOTA, San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino, Mercury Insurance Company and Travel Alberta. Along with McDonald’s, all were season-long partners and will add to their playoff presence with this commitment. Elements of the presenting partnerships include tags in all Kings marketing efforts, increased in-arena exposure, logos on all in-arena giveaways, and a significant on-line presence.