LOS ANGELES -- The National Hockey League (NHL) will roll out the red carpet for its Southern Californian hockey fans leading into the 2014 Stadium Series outdoor game between the Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks at Dodger Stadium on Saturday, Jan. 25 with its official 2014 NHL Spectator Plaza presented by Time Warner Cable, a free hockey and entertainment fan festival.
From 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, Jan. 25, just prior to puck drop, part of Dodger Stadium's left field parking lot (lot 4) will transform into an outdoor hockey and entertainment festival for fans of all ages, with live musical performances; interactive hockey-themed attractions, prizes and giveaways; food and beverages; and an extensive selection of officially-licensed 2014 Stadium Series LA merchandise and collectibles.
A limited number of tickets to the Kings-Ducks match-up at Dodger Stadium are available for purchase via Ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster.ca, the official ticket marketplace of the NHL.
Fans can expect a wide variety of attractions including:
* Every fan has an opinion about the game. At the On The Scene with NHL Tonight interactive area sponsored by NHL Network and Time Warner Cable, fans will have the chance to be an NHL Network featured correspondent and record a segment to share their NHL Stadium Series experience with friends and family.
* Southern California McDonald's invites you to savor all the rich flavors of white chocolate mocha and espresso this season. Come on down and enjoy the delicious sweetness of the White Chocolate Mocha. Another way to love McCafé.
* NHL GameCenter LIVE™ will showcase a sports lounge featuring a product demo center. Spectators are invited to stop by and experience NHL GameCenter LIVE™ and NHL Vault™ on a variety of devices and screens, including tablets, smartphones and Xbox 360. Also, while they watch, fans are encouraged to take their best shot on the NHL GameCenter LIVE™ air hockey table for a chance to win a free prize.
* Visit the Verizon tent to check out Verizon's NHL GameCenter and LA Kings mobile app and other innovations. Visitors to the Verizon tent also will have the opportunity to win special prizes, check out exclusive content and receive a commemorative Stadium Series Los Angeles bracelet.
* Panini America, the official trading card and sticker manufacturer of the NHL, will be giving-away FREE NHL Sticker Albums and packs of 2013-14 NHL Stickers. As a bonus, Panini America has created a custom NHL Sticker sheet honoring the Stadium Series by featuring members of the Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings.
* The Los Angeles Kings Fan Zone will allow fans to join the LA Kings Ice Crew in participating in 2 interactive hockey games where fans can test their puck shooting skills and win Kings giveaways. The LA Kings Jonathan Quick Goalie Arcade game an interactive video game where fans can shoot pucks on a video simulation of Kings goalie and Conn Smythe award winner Jonathan Quick. Fans will also be able to shoot street hockey pucks and balls at the Kings Puck Shoot, an inflatable that has targets for shooters to aim at.
* Visitors of all ages will have the opportunity to test their hockey skills, play table hockey, meet Anaheim Ducks Alumni and interact with Wild Wing at the Anaheim Ducks Hockey Spot. The Hockey Spot will provide guests a unique and entertaining Ducks experience while enjoying a beautiful Southern California evening. Fans will be able to share their hockey moments with family and friends at #PaintItOrange.
* The Los Angeles Kings, Anaheim Ducks and the NHL have partnered with LA art icon Mister Cartoon to re-imagine the Kings, Ducks and Stadium Series Logos. These unique logos, created in a way only Mister Cartoon could imagine, will adorn the anthem stage at the historic Jan 25th game at Dodger Stadium. Original works from this artistic collaboration, created in partnership with the non-profit Para Los Ninos School, will be on display at Spectator Plaza.
* The LA Kings Bloodmobile will be on hand collecting blood to meet the monthly transfusion needs of its patients. Nearly 200,000 patients ranging from newborns to 18-year olds are treated annually at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Please help the Kings and the NHL give the gift of life and donate blood!
WHAT: 2014 NHL Spectator Plaza presented by Time Warner Cable, a free outdoor hockey and entertainment fan festival in celebration of the 2014 Stadium Series at Dodger Stadium
WHEN: Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014 from 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. PT
WHERE: Dodger Stadium, parking lot 4, Los Angeles