LA Kings Announce "Season of Giving"
To help compliment AEG’s Season of Giving, the L.A. Kings will be active in the community as follows:
- December 5 – Beginner’s Workshop Clinic with Daryl Evans and Children Winter Clothing Drive
- December 6 – Wednesday’s Child (KTTV-TV) Shoot at LA Kings Holiday Ice; Wednesday’s Child Reunion at LA Kings Holiday Ice and Season of Giving Ice Presentation
- December 7 – Kings Staff Holiday Party Toy Drive
- December 8 – Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Season of Giving Ice Presentation
- December 9 – LA Kings Icetown Riverside Fan Fest and Toy Drive
- December 10 –Beyond the Bell after-school skating at LA Kings Holiday Ice; Beyond the Bell Season of Giving Ice Presentation
- December 12 – Bloomingdales Shopping Event with portion of proceeds donated back to Kings Care Foundation and special Kings appearances; Blood and Pucks at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles from 11 am – 2 pm
- December 16 – Ice Station Valencia Fan Fest and Toy Drive
- December 18 – Ice Crew Calendar Signing and Hockey Holiday Party at the USO
- December 19 – Blood and Pucks at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles from 11 am – 2 pm
- December 21 – Blood and Pucks at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles from 11 am – 2 pm
To date, the Kings have helped execute the following events/initiatives to help kick-off this program (in addition to helping prepare and serve meals at Midnight Mission on November in downtown Los Angeles):
- November 30 – Day of Service at Harte Prep Middle School; Stanley Cup Photo Toy Drive at L.A. LIVE
- December 1 – Relay for Life Holiday Boutique
- December 2 – LAK Valley Ice Center Fan Fest and Toy Drive
- December 3 – Shopping Day! LA Kings staff adopt two families in need from Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- December 4 – Delta Holiday in the Hanger; American Heart Association Season of Giving Ice Presentation with Daryl Evans
“The Kings are fortunate to not only have the best fans in the world but also the most caring and this year we again want to give our generous fans the opportunity to support the program of their choice through the Kings Care Foundation,” said Kings President, Business Operations Luc Robitaille. “During the month of December, pledge a donation to your charity of choice – at lakings.com/seasonofgiving -- and the Kings Care Foundation will match your donation. It’s that simple.”
Check back often to LAKings.com to see our LA Kings Season of Giving calendar. The club will be posting ways and events our staff is helping the community and we encourage you to do the same. With your help, needy children and families all over Los Angeles will feel the love from our LA Kings family. Join us in celebrating the holidays by giving others a reason to celebrate!
The LA Kings Season of Giving initiative encourages Kings staff, alumni, partners, family members and fans to give back and spread some holiday cheer to those less fortunate in the LA community throughout the month of December.
The LA Kings offices (300 North Continental Blvd, Suite 500, El Segundo) will also serve as the North Pole for the month, accepting canned food and toy donations each day.