NHL Announces Schedule for Games 1 & 2 of Conference Final Series
Western Conference Starts Sunday; East Gets Under Way Monday
NEW YORK (May 10, 2012) -- The National Hockey League announced today the dates, start times and national television coverage for Games 1 and 2 of the Conference Final round of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
The Western Conference Final opens Sunday, May 13 in Glendale, Arizona, where the Phoenix Coyotes will host the Los Angeles Kings at Jobing.com Arena (5 p.m., PT, NBC Sports Network, TSN, RDS). Game 2 of the series will be played in Glendale on Tuesday, May 15, beginning at 6 p.m., PT.
Games 1 and 2 of the Eastern Conference Final will be played on Monday, May 14 and Wednesday, May 16, respectively, and pit the New Jersey Devils against the winner of the Conference Semifinal series between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals. That series currently is deadlocked at 3-3, with Game 7 set for Saturday night in New York (4:30 p.m. PT, NBC Sports Network, CBC, RDS).
Should the Rangers advance, they would host the Devils in Games 1 and 2 of the Eastern Conference Final at Madison Square Garden in New York. Should the Capitals win, the Devils would host Washington in Games 1 and 2 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
Additional Conference Final schedule information will be released soon.
STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF SCHEDULE THROUGH WEDNESDAY, MAY 16 (all times PT):
- Saturday, May 12: Washington @ NY Rangers, Eastern Conference Semifinal Game 7, series tied 3-3 (4:30 p.m., NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
- Sunday, May 13: Los Angeles @ Phoenix, Western Conference Final Game 1 (5 p.m., NBCSN, TSN, RDS)
- Monday, May 14: Eastern Conference Final Game 1, @ New York or New Jersey (5 p.m., NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
- Tuesday, May 15: Los Angeles @ Phoenix, Western Conference Final Game 2 (6 p.m., NBCSN, TSN, RDS)
- Wednesday, May 16: Eastern Conference Final Game 2, @ New York or New Jersey (5 p.m., NBCSN, CBC, RDS)