Quick Named To NHL All-Star Team
League Leader In Shutouts Earns First All-Star Bid
Quick, who turns 26 on Jan. 21, will be making his first NHL All-Star Game appearance. He’s the fourth different Kings goaltender to make the All-Star team and first since 1981: (Terry Sawchuk in 1968; Rogie Vachon in 1973, 1975 and 1978 and Mario Lessard in 1981). The 6-1, 214-pounder from Milford, Conn. was originally selected by the Kings in the third round (72nd overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
This season Quick is 18-11-6 with a 1.93 goals-against average, .934 save percentage and six shutouts. His NHL rankings among goaltenders are the following: tied for seventh in wins (18), fourth in GAA (1.93), fifth in save percentage (.934), first in shutouts (6), tied for sixth in appearances (35) and seventh in saves (942). Quick has been named an NHL Star of the Week three times this season (No. 1 Star Oct. 24, No. 3 Star Dec. 5 and Jan. 2).
To read an exclusive feature story on Quick by Kings Insider Rich Hammond, click here.
Quick is one of the 36 All-Stars named by the NHL today who will be joined in Ottawa by the six players elected through fan balloting (those players announced last week). Following the overwhelming success of its debut at last year's All-Star Weekend in Raleigh, the 2012 Molson Canadian NHL All-Star Player Fantasy Draft will be held on Thursday, Jan. 26 to divide the group into the two competing All-Star Teams, each comprised of 12 forwards, six defensemen and three goaltenders.
The 2012 NHL All-Star Weekend comes to Ottawa, Canada’s capital, Jan. 26 through Jan. 29. The festivities culminate with the 2012 Tim Hortons NHL ® All-Star Game on Sunday, Jan. 29 at Scotiabank Place. Live television coverage will be provided by CBC and RDS in Canada and the NBC Sports Network in the United States.
In 215 career NHL regular season games (all with the Kings) Quick is 114-77-18 with a 2.35 GAA, .915 save percentage and 20 shutouts. Among the Kings all-time franchise leaders Quick’s rankings are the following: third in wins (114), tied for first in GAA (2.35 with Felix Potvin), first in save percentage (.915), second in shutouts (20), fourth in appearances (215) and second in saves (5,336).
Quick also owns the following club franchise records:
- Save Percentage (.915)
- Win Streak (Nine from Jan. 21-Feb. 6, 2010)
- Shutout Streak (Three, Oct. 18-22, 2011)
- Scoreless Streak (202:11 third period Oct. 15, 2011 through first period Oct. 22, 2011)
- Games Played (72 in 2009-10)
- Wins (39 in 2009-10)
- GAA (2.24 in 2010-11 – tied with Vachon in 1974-75)
- Save Percentage (.918 in 2010-11)
- Minutes Played (4,258 in 2009-10)
- Road shutouts (four in 2008-09 and 2010-11)
- Rookie GAA (2.48 in 2008-09 – tied with Jonathan Bernier in 2010-11)
- Rookie Shutouts (four in 2008-09 – tied with Jamie Storr in 1998-99, Lessard in 1978-79 and Gerry Desjardins in 1968-69)
- First goaltender with 30 wins in two straight seasons (2009-10, 2010-11)
- First goaltender with three road shutouts in one month (December 2010)
- Most saves in a shutout (51, Dec. 13, 2010 at DET, 5-0W)
- Fastest goaltender to 20 wins in one season (36th team game in 2009-10: Dec. 15, 2009 at EDM)
- Fastest goaltender to 30 wins in one season (54th team game in 2009-10: Jan. 30, 2010 at BOS)
- Fastest goaltender to 100 wins (185th career game)
Kings Vision will be in Ottawa during All-Star Weekend for special on-site coverage. To view features from last year’s All-Star coverage click here and here.
For a comprehensive look at Quick and the Kings All-Star history, visit www.lakings.com/allstar..
For Kings ticket information, call 888-KINGS-LA and visit LAKings.com.