Hockey Fights Cancer Awareness Night Tomorrow vs. NJ
As part of the evening, Kings and Devils players will be wearing special player helmet decals; coaches, broadcasters and Kings staff will be wearing special ties; and players will be wearing special Reebok caps (during post-game/pre-game interviews as well as the back-up goalies on the bench). These commemorative items are available to purchase at shop.nhl.com. A portion of the proceeds from all items will benefit Hockey Fights Cancer.
There will also be a number of team initiatives throughout the evening in support of Hockey Fights Cancer (listed below):
- The Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Maxmobile, as well as the LA Kings BloodMobile, will be on hand starting at 4:30 p.m. outside STAPLES Center. Each fan who donates blood will receive a special Hockey Fights Cancer item.
- To raise awareness for the cause, each Kings player will use sticks wrapped with purple tape and use lavender laces in their skates.
- The Kings Care Foundation will be selling Hockey Fights Cancer autographed mystery pucks for $25 and mini hockey glove key chains for a $10 donation to Hockey Fights Cancer. The Foundation will also be auctioning off several of the game-used sticks, as well a game-worn helmet by the player of the highest bidder’s choice (with delivery of the helmet by that player).
- Be the Match will be conducting a special Bone Marrow Drive in honor of Tanner Raboin, friend of the Kings family and avid Kings fan who passed away in April. Individuals between the ages of 18 and 60, in good physical health and with a good medical history are asked to participate. The procedure takes about 15 minutes and involves four swabs to the cheek.
- All sponsor dash boards around the rink will be in lavender.
The Kings (5-1-1) return to action at STAPLES Center tomorrow (Tuesday) against New Jersey Devils at 7:30 p.m. to complete a two-game homestand. The game will be broadcast live on FS West, AM 1150 and along the Kings radio network.
For all Kings ticket information, call 1-888-KINGS-LA (1-888-547647.52) and visit LAKings.com.