Post-Game Notes: Coyotes at Kings
*Split squads from both teams played in Phoenix tonight (Kings won 3-2: goals by Ethan Moreau, Tyler Toffoli and Dustin Penner)
KINGS HEAD COACH TERRY MURRAY:
(Re game recap): “I was real pleased with a lot of things that happened in this game, certainly the start of the game. Overall, lots of chances.”
(On Slava Voynov): “I thought Voynov had a very good game. He’s got great awareness on the ice, with or without the puck. I wish he would sometimes shoot the puck a little bit more at times, but he has great composure.”
(On Thomas Hickey): “Hickey wasn’t bad, he was more physical than any other time I’ve ever seen him.”
KINGS FORWARD DUSTIN BROWN:
(Re playing with Mike Richards): “It was good. He’s really easy to read off of. We had some good shots. First shift of the night we were peppering the goalie. We had some good chemistry out there.”
(Re power play): “Last year our power play was not good and we made some changes personnel wise that I think are really going to help on the power play. We talked about me getting in front of the net. When you have a moving power play with people in front of the net, it is pretty hard to defend.”
PHOENIX ASSISTANT COACH JOHN ANDERSON:
(Re game recap): “To play against guys like [Dustin] Brown, [Jarret] Stoll, and [Jack] Johnson, it was an exciting win for them…Our goaltending was really excellent tonight and that’s what really saved us… To win in the preseason, you know, to get out our mind set that winning’s most important, is what’s good for us.”
PHOENIX DEFENSEMAN OLIVER EKMAN-LARSSON:
(Re his shootout goal): “I saw him put his glove down and I tried to go high glove…I just tried to score, you know, no big deal.”
KINGS PRACTICE SCHEDULE TOMORROW (AT TOYOTA SPORTS CENTER):
- Group A – Goaltenders: 10:00 – 10:40 a.m.
- Group A - Practice – NHL Ice: 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Group A – Skate - Olympic Ice: 12:35 – 1:05 p.m.
- Group A – Off-Ice Workout: follows session
- Group A – MEDIA: follows session
- Group B – Goaltenders: 12:50 – 1:30 p.m.
- Group B - Practice – NHL Ice: 1:50 – 3:20 p.m.
- Group B – Skate – NHL Ice: 3:25 – 4:00 p.m.
- Group B – Off-Ice Workout: follows session
- Group B – MEDIA: follows session
- MEDIA – Head Coach Terry Murray