KINGS (4-2-0) at LIGHTNING (3-2-0)
4:30PM PT, TV: FOX SPORTS WEST; RADIO: AM 1150
1) That's what we're talking about! The Kings have rolled off three straight wins, having out-scored their opponents 9-4 in that span. Can the streak continue in Tampa?
2) Stopping Stamkos. NHL superstar Steven Stamkos has 212 career goals, but only one vs. LA. That's tied for his lowest mark against any other team in the league. Can the Kings once again stop one the NHL's most prolific goal-scorers?
3) Kings goaltending shutting the door. During the three-game win streak Kings goaltenders have a .945 save percentage. Jonathan Quick has two of those wins and Ben Scrivens has the other, shutting out Florida Sunday. Who's going to top who next?
4) Let’s see your first. Of the Kings four regulation goals scored in their previous two contests, three of those tallies were the first of the season for three players: Dwight King, Daniel Carcillo, and Jordan Nolan. 11 players on the active roster are still currently due for their first goal of the 2013-2014 campaign. Which of them strikes gold in Tampa?
5) Teddy’s Town. Former King Teddy Purcell has began the season on an offensive tear, winding off three goals and three assists for six points in Tampa’s first five games of the season. He’s recorded at least one point in four games. Can the Kings keep their former friend off of the scoresheet?
6) Long time coming. The Kings haven’t skated with Tampa since February 7, 2012, when they snuck away with a 3-1 victory at the Tampa Bay Times Forum in St. Petersburg, Florida. Kyle Clifford scored the contest’s game-winning goal with slick hands on a breakaway, and defenseman Slava Voynov was a healthy scratch.
It’s tough to realize Slava Voynov was once a healthy scratch candidate for this club. It’s easy to realize that in Florida, this headline will probably overshadow any and all things having to do with Tuesday night’s NHL bout at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
|Back to top ↑|