• Over a 47-game span in 2009-10, Toffoli averaged more than a point and a half per-game -- only three of the top 10 scorers in the OHL averaged more: Taylor Hall (No. 2 ranked), Tyler Seguin (No. 1 ranked) and Nazem Kadri (selected 7th overall in 2009). He has consistently produced in the playoffs as well, recording 21 points (9-12--21) in 19 career playoff games.
• Toffoli on his tough start to the first 10 games of the season that produced only three points (1-2--3): “The beginning of the year was the hardest part to get through. The (dressing) room was a place nobody wanted to be.”
• He made his OHL debut in 2008-09 after being selected seventh in the 2007 OHL draft -- two spots ahead of Tyler Seguin. He finished 12th in rookie scoring (17-29--46) in 54 games and was named to the OHL All-Rookie Team.
• Member of the gold medal winning Canadian team at 2009 Ivan Hlinka tournament, playing on a line with Tyler Seguin and John McFarland (No. 15 ranked). He finished second in team scoring (3-5--8) in four games.
• Before playing in the OHL, Toffoli was a member of the Toronto Junior Canadiens that won the Minor Midget OHL Cup Championship.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings
NHL Player: Dany Heatley
Shootout move: “Shoot short-side low”
Goal celebration: “The first thing that comes to my mind”
Video Game: Call of Duty
TV Show: 90210
Actor: Vince Vaughn
Pump-up song: “Rollin” by Limp Bizkit
Restaurant: The Keg
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Activity away from the rink: Relaxing
Breakfast food: Eggs, bacon, sausage, homefries and toast